MOBILE APPS FORUM - 17 and 18 June 2010, Barcelona
The Mobile Apps investment forum organised in Barcelona on June 18 by Media Deals in cooperation with its partners within the ImMediaTe European consortium was a success.
About 100 people attended the panel discussions and the pitch session.
The 8-member jury awarded to 2 of the pitching companies the price for the most attractive investment opportunities. The 1st price went to Barcelona-based Teambox, a Twitter-style Project Collaboration platform; the 2nd price to Amsterdam-based buzzAR, a visual search platform based on image recognition enabling the provision of localize marketing content.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like us to put you in touch with these very promissing companies.
The companies selected to pitch in Barcelona were:
- DigitalFun (Italy) — focused on developing and publishing cross-platform applications for new mobile platforms, app stores, web and social networks.
- Bubiloop.com (Spain) — the place where people discover the apps they need for their mobile devices.
- BCN Touch (Spain) — helps brands beat counterfeiting and develop deeper customer relationships by consumers just touching their goods with a mobile phone.
- buzzAR (The Netherlands) — clients such as brands and ad agencies can add a logo, ad, or other expression (image) to our web system and configure what content to return when a customer takes a picture of that image.
- Teambox (Spain) — a Twitter-style project collaboration platform: share tasks, private wikis, files, and status updates with your team.
- MuseTrek (France) — the leading handheld guide for people interested in sharing their cultural experiences with their social network and beyond.
- BlooSee (Spain) — the first user-generated, geotagged, web and mobile social atlas for millions of sea-lovers and marine leisure businesses.
- Robot Media (Spain) — mobile entertainment content publisher for young audiences; interactive content tightly integrated with user lifestyle and social networks.
Investment forum & sectorial networking
22@Barcelona and Barcelona Activa in partnership with MediaKIS were hosting the first Mobile Apps Investment Forum in Barcelona. The event coincides with BIZ Barcelona, a week full of activities related to business, innovation and investment in the city of Barcelona. Besides attending the Mobile App Investment Forum you also had the chance to attend other events such us HIT Barcelona, Dia de l'emprenedor and Mobile 2.0
Highlights of the forum were:
- Speakers from the digital media introduce the future trends of investment in digital media
- Be among the eight companies invited to pitch your digital media product or service to a panel of European and Spanish investors and receive training in how to pitch your company by professional coaches
- Be among the 50 companies invited to take part in the Mobile 2.0 event for free
- Prizes for the best investor pitch and the most inspirational showcase
- Showcase your digital media solution to representatives from industry and the public section
- Matchmake with start-ups and industrial players in the media industry from across Europe