ImMediaTe project: what?
ImMediaTe is a €3m/3 year collaborative project co-financed by the EUROPE INNOVA initiative of the DG Enterprise of the European Commission. It is aimed at developing tools and services to assist the growth of digital media SMEs.
ImMediaTe focuses on making:
• Companies more “investment-ready” and
• Investors more "sector-aware"
It aims to create the conditions for entrepreneurs and investors to:
• Negotiate the right deals
• Secure access to international markets
ImMediaTe project: why?
Analyses and reports show that many diverse sources of financing are available for the digital media sector, but significant cultural and educational gaps prevent the people with the right ideas from meeting the people with the right money.
This is true for many sectors, but especially for digital media, a sector in which such radically diverse industrial models as ICT and audiovisuals co-exist.
ImMediaTe project: when?
At present, the five clusters in the ImMediaTe Consortium (Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam and Malta) have populated a knowledge base of over 250 innovative companies operating in the digital media sector.
Moreover, the Consortium is currently analysing the data contained in 25 detailed case studies (5 per cluster) to draw a series of preliminary conclusions and organise a series of events.
From mid-2010 to mid-2011, ImMediaTe will organise five thematic events (one in each of the participating clusters) aiming at both mobilising local SMEs and stakeholders as well as attracting an international audience.
ImMediaTe project: how?
Each event will include:
• an “introductory” coaching module to allow local enterprises to reflect on their effective needs
• an “advanced” module customized to leverage the strengths of each individual cluster, thereby appealing to a much wider audience.
During these events, SMEs will be able to benefit from the MediaKIS toolbox. This is a “mix and match” range of instruments that provide the most effective, custom-tailored solutions for digital media companies and their access to the market.
ImMediaTe project: who?
The ImMediaTe Consortium features 10 partners from 7 EU Member States. It is coordinated by Filas, the Financial Development Agency of the Lazio Region in Italy and includes:
- representatives of four further important EU clusters:
• IIP Create (Amsterdam)
• 22@Barcelona (Barcelona)
• Fondazzjoni Temi Zammit (Malta)
• Cap Digital (Paris)
- two partners as educational institutions:
• Institute of Electronic Business (Berlin)
• Media Business School (Madrid)
- three innovative service organizations:
• Innova (Rome)
• Living Labs Global (Copenhagen)
• Media-deals (Paris)